Information relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the exceptional experience and service you expect from Autohellas - Hertz.
We are in communication with relevant authorities regarding coronavirus (Covid-19), and we are taking all necessary precautionary measures in order to protect our clients, employees and suppliers, as well as contributing to the interruption of the transmission chain.
- The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental.
- The company’s management has issued specific guidelines to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against Coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
- All of our branches are equipped with antibacterial materials (wipes, gel) which will be available for all customers.
- In the event of a coronavirus affected client or employee involved in the day-to-day vehicle procedures and operations, the company has set up a process for immediate disinfection of the vehicle and facility, as well as proceeding with the relevant medical inspection of all employees that have been involved in the renting procedure.
- In addition, a Crisis Management plan has been organized in the event of a Coronavirus incident in the Company's Head Offices and branches.
It is also noted that any information with regards to possible incidents of Coronavirus are solely handled by the Department of Public Health (DSP).
FAQs regarding my reservation
What if my plans change due to Coronavirus and the recent travel restrictions imposed by the Romanian Government?
We are aware of the need for greater flexibility to manage the constantly changing environment we are currently dealing with. Here are a few recent changes we have made to help you.
- If due to the traffic restrictions you need to return your vehicle to a different location, we will cover any rate changes.
What if I am required to self-isolate or I am quarantined following relevant authorities’ orders and cannot return a vehicle?
If this happens, please contact the location and avoid contact with the vehicle. We will arrange to collect the vehicle from a nominated address.
What if I have contracted the virus and in possession of a Hertz / Dollar /Thrifty or Firefly vehicle?
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you please notify the location where you picked-up the car, as soon as possible.
Is there a limitation in the number of passengers allowed in a vehicle?
According to the decisions taken by the Romanian Strategic Communication Group, a limitation in passengers of all vehicles MAY apply throughout the Country. As the restrictions are subject to changes, please contact us for more information.
There is an exception for families with children, where the passengers can reach the maximum allowed number (equal to the number of seats of a car). In such case, only parents and children are allowed to be in the car. Adult children must be able to present identification documents to authorities.
Regarding the cleanliness & hygiene of your cars
Are you cleaning your cars any differently? Have any of your operational protocols changed?
The Company follows thorough cleaning procedures for each vehicle after every rental. The company’s management has issued specific guidelines to all employees involved in the process of vehicle delivery and collection for prevention and protection against coronavirus based on the relevant authorities’ directions.
How are cars cleaned if a renter is a confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19?
We have implemented new cleaning protocols that include removing the vehicle from circulation and disinfecting through a third party in the case where a customer is suspected or known to have COVID-19.